Saturday, October 25, 2008

Home Safe

A 10 day stay is a long time
especially when one doesn't sleep at night.
I've felt like the walking dead for several days now
after tossing and turning
in my kingsized bed at the Hawthorne Suites
all night long,
then rising at five a.m.

Today my intensive ended
my fabulous intenseive with Lucia Capacchione
and I made the drive back home to Houston
from the Rio Grande Valley.

It took hours and hours and hours.
I stopped for diet coke
and again for cheetos,
then water,
then the police stopped me
for not having a front license plate.

I became sleepy
and veered to the other side of the highway.
A concerned truck driver awakened me
with a big blast of his horn.

Nothing kept me awake very long.
I finally stopped in Ganado
at a convenience store parking lot,
reclined my seat
and went to sleep briefly.
It was enough.
I coasted into town
around 8 PM.

No comments: